How Red Gaskell Got A Job With Casey Neistat! | Ep.158
Red Gaskell is a director, photographer, and marketer best known for his work with Casey Neistat's 368 along with his creative projects for major brands.
Available on all podcast platforms!
Listen on: Apple Podcast
Listen on: Spotify
Listen on: YouTube
More on Red:
Red got his start working on the brand marketing side for a company called Everlane for 4 years building their social reach to new levels and adding so much value to the company.
Eventually, Red chose to take a leap of faith and left Everlane to focus on becoming a full-time freelance creator. Shortly after, Red quickly got an opportunity to take on a full-time role building the marketing for Casey Neistat’s latest venture 368 – a creator resource space in NYC.
Red has gone on to work with brands such as Airbnb, Floyd, Year & Day, Pitchfork, Vans, Teen Vogue, and Snapchat.
- Intro to Red / Ben and Red meeting (2:21)
- Creating the Kanye West tweets book “Uh Huh Honey” (9:30)
- Background / Philippines to LA + Family / Early creative work (21:50)
- Quitting accounting, pursuing marketing / Starting to shoot professionally / Strategies (31:00)
- Quitting job / Moving to NYC / AirBnB funded his move / Getting work (59:35)
- Linking with Casey Neistat and 368 / Hired full-time (1:11:37)
- Leaving 368 to Freelance / Taking risks / Advice to creators (1:22:27)
- Current Project with Anchor (1:33:14)
- Patreon Q&A / Finding a team (1:38:20)
- Outro (1:46:55)
Follow Red on INSTAGRAM
Follow Black With No Cream on INSTAGRAM